Three Seed Finance Workshops November, 2021
Drew O’Sullivan will be providing another series of three Seed Finance Workshops in November as part of the Commercialisation Fund Network (CFN 3).
They will be focused on the area of seed finance and will be of particular benefit to Comm Fund teams looking to spin-out, and early stage companies looking for initial investment.
The previous sessions that Drew did for EI were excellent and gave a real hands-on insight into the whole process.
Registration link and further details below.
Seed Finance Workshops I, II and III will run over three sessions as follows:
- Tuesday 16th November 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 23rd November 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 30th November 10am-12pm
By registering you will receive a Zoom link for each of the three sessions.
The workshops are aimed at early stage start-up companies seeking to raise business angel or venture capital finance. They will be delivered by Intertrade Ireland Lead Equity Advisor, Drew O’Sullivan.
Sources of Finance
• Angel/Venture Capital a source of capital, but only one of several – Who are they – HBAN, VCs etc.
• Expectations of Angel, VC (their Limited Partner expectations) – For what kind of company…
• Why think like an Angel/VC?
What Angel/VC look for, deck/plan
• Prepare to win…
• Deck outline
• Process – Preparation, VC qualification, materials
• Term sheet – Process
• Key terms – Control, Economics
Evolution of Cap Table
• Impact of Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• The Promote
• Get Customers cash sooner and Pay Suppliers Later
• Sales Pipeline Forecasting
• Customer Funded
• Investor Funded
Business Planning Insights
• Unit Economics
• Venture Model
Power of Pricing, Profitability & Value
• Impact of Increased Gross Profit