Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation – applications for 2023/24 are now open
Healthcare is entering a period of accelerated, disruptive innovation with rapid discovery and adoption of new approaches to improve patient outcomes. To thrive and lead in a world of increased complexity requires skills in innovative thinking and creative execution.
Health Innovation Hub Ireland partners with the School of Medicine, Trinity College Dublin to deliver an NFQ Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation. Through this one-year postgraduate diploma programme, you will develop a personal innovation framework for leadership. You will accelerate your career and lead delivery of innovation impact right across healthcare in Ireland and abroad.
Applications are open now, closing 30th June 2023. Applications for limited number of HSE scholarship close 16th June 2023.
Information Webinars and Q&A sessions:
If you missed our information webinars you can watch them back via the links below:
Thursday, 30th March 2023 5-6 pm.:
Wednesday, 10th May 2023 6-7 pm:
Over the 12-month programme, students will complete eight modules. You will learn from expert guest lecturers, have access to workshops, resources and events to share challenges and experience. Focusing on new health solutions, students gain a practical understanding of applying new technologies in healthcare. Key learnings include; examining the role of health economics; quality improvement; and the principles of governance in leading effective, innovative health services. The postgraduate course culminates with a practical project comprising two phases. Students are supported to identify and implement an innovative solution suitable for their workplace that will have a positive impact on healthcare. Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation form part of a year-on-year a growing network of national Innovation Champions.
Please find additional course information and online application form here https://www.tcd.ie/medicine/clinical-medicine/postgraduate/healthcare-innovation/
For course-related queries, please e-mail: Dr. Michelle Armstrong (Course Co-Ordinator) or Dr. Alison Keogh (Academic Co-ordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme will:
- Develop your personal and professional capacity to lead in healthcare.
- Practical understanding of applying new technologies in healthcare.
- Critically appraise innovation theory and practice to inform your approach in applying solutions that are at the forefront of global healthcare.
- Examine the role of health economics, quality improvement and the principles of governance in leading effective innovative health services.
- Deepen your ability to challenge current practice with novel proven solutions.
- Develop you as an innovation practitioner with the skills to implement innovative leadership practices.
- Progress you to effectively manage and lead in diverse healthcare settings.