We are hiring in Dublin – Executive Officer – Health Innovation Hub Ireland
Post Specification (Comp: 033555)
Apply through Trintiy College Dublin vacancies page here
|Post Title:||Executive Officer – Health Innovation Hub Ireland|
|Post Status:||Two year Fixed Term contract – Part-Time,|
|Department/Faculty:||Department of Clinical Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin|
|Location:||Health Innovation Hub Ireland, St James Hospital, Dublin 8.|
|Reports to:||HIHI Manager, Eimear Galvin|
|Salary:||Appointment will be made (pro-rated) on the Executive Officer Merged Salary Scale at a point in line with Government Pay Policy €25,460 to €42,035 p.a.|
|Hours of Work:||37 Hours per week, (Part-time Equivalent)|
|Closing Date:||12 Noon (Greenwich Meantime) Thursday January 24th 2019.|
The successful applicant will be expected to take up post as soon as possible.
The Health Innovation Hub Ireland, based in St James’s Hospital, Dublin 8, seeks to recruit an Executive Officer to provide comprehensive administrative support for the delivery of all aspects of the work of the hub. HIH in Dublin leads on delivery of the education programmes for HIHI and the post holder will be required to support work in this area also. The HIHI Executive Officer will provide administrative support to the Manager of HIHI and will oversee communications work –web editing and some social media. The post holder will also be the central contact for HIHI in Dublin. It is expected the successful candidate will take up his/her duties as soon as possible.
Health Innovation Hub Ireland (HIHI) was established by Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation and the Department of Health, supported by Enterprise Ireland (EI) and the Health Service Executive (HSE) to drive collaboration between the health service and enterprise. HIHI launched in 2016, offering companies pilot and clinical validation studies and the health service access to innovative products and devices that they may not otherwise be exposed to.
On the ground, HIHI is a partnership of clinical and academic centres from across the country – Cork, Dublin, Galway – brought together with the shared objective of accelerating healthcare innovation and commercialisation, addressing healthcare challenges and impacting jobs and exports. In Dublin HIHI is partnered with Trinity College and based in St James’ Hospital.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to:
Ms Eimear Galvin, HIHI Manager, email@example.com
- Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
To provide administrative support to the HIHI Manager across tasks and HIHI education programmes.
- Handling telephone and drop-in enquiries from staff, visitors, clients and the wider public.
- Maintenance and regular monitoring of HIHI project notes on internal Smartsheets and SharePoint systems.
- Some digital support – web, online survey, social media.
- Support in the organisation of events, including HIHI educational opportunities.
- Performing routine office tasks (photocopying, scanning, filing, drafting letters, dissemination of information, and other general administrative tasks).
- Maintain and improve office procedures and information management systems.
- Organise conference/meeting travel arrangements.
- Carry out day-to-day office tasks to ensure the smooth running of activities in the hub.
- Maintain the office stationery and equipment for the Hub with responsibility for ordering supplies and equipment.
- Responsibility for the processing of invoices, reconciling Petty Cash and processing orders in a timely manner.
- Assist with diary management for HIHI Manager.
- Liaison with other hub offices in Ireland, as required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the HIHI Manager.
Funding for this post is from Enterprise Ireland via the “Health Innovation Hub Ireland” grant award.
- Hold European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) or equivalent.
- Recognised secretarial or office administration qualification and / or a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in an administrative role supporting a senior manager in a busy work environment.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential & Desirable)
- Display evidence of a high level of competency in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook including Microsoft diary management, databases, and working knowledge of social networking applications.
- A desire to learn new IT skills is necessary for this post.
- Have a polite, confidential and discrete manner.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be a strong team player with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision in a busy but dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills with a pro-active approach to work, anticipating and resolving problems in advance.
- Highly motivated with a good attitude and commitment to HIHI goals.
- Appreciates and enjoys bringing a high level of detail to tasks.
- Keen ability to work independently, show initiative, and take ownership.
- Natural problem solver with a bias to action.
- Experience in web editing and social media skill is desirable for this post.
Skills & Competencies
- Oral communication: Ability to communicate convincingly and confidently when speaking to others at all levels: comes across as welcoming, cooperative and approachable in manner.
- Written communication: documents are free of grammatical and punctuation errors; clear, concise and error-free writing; uses resources when unsure of proper spelling, punctuation or grammar; e-mails and memoranda are clear and to the point; uses formatting effectively to highlight key information. Ability to draft correspondence.
- Organisational skills: has information in well organised files; monitors information regularly and updates accordingly; keeps track of multiple projects.
- Interpersonal skills: Is discrete and knows when information is of a confidential nature and acts accordingly. Ability to interface effectively with students and staff in the Department, affiliated hospitals and college community. Fosters good working relationships; is known as someone who is helpful to others; can work effectively in a multi-cultural, bilingual environment.
- Conscientious: work is accurate; ensures details are completed.
- Deadline orientated: Can work well under pressure; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful: Can work on own initiative; knows where to find information and help and can problem solve.
- Team worker: Can operate effectively as part of a team – is cordial and willing to help others; is cooperative and patient; shares work and information; establishes rapport with everyone..
- Analytical skills: Can prioritise work effectively; can identify a problem and propose an appropriate solution.
- Motivated: Is interested in work and committed to the future development of the department and wishes to contribute.
More here: https://www.tcd.ie/hr/vacancies/