HSE advertisement here
Join the team – We are recruiting for a HSE – Clinical Liaison (2 year assignment to Health Innovation Hub Ireland, Dublin) for HIHI in Dublin. Closes June 20.
This unique opportunity will allow you to be part of HIHI and its exciting development story. You will learn new skills and leverage your current clinical experience to new advantage. HIHI is breaking new ground in Ireland across healthcare industry, healthcare community and education in healthcare innovation. This is your opportunity to contribute to this as art of HIHI in Dublin.
The post holder will be assigned to work in HIHI office, which is on the St James Hospital Campus in a full time capacity for up to two years and will retain their current HSE contract and pension benefits for this period.
Central to the role is supporting start-ups and SMEs, brokering collaborative projects working with companies/ HSE teams and a network of experts within HIHI, to validate technologies and solve challenges in healthcare. This involves the post holder project-managing pilot, usability, validation studies. In addition to the HIHI studies, the role of broker may also involve simply being the initial connection point between industry and a clinical expert, organising focus groups, or facilitating mid development feedback pre-clinical trial or post market analysis.
Project management skills are crucial in this role. The role requires co-ordination of projects from study set up, providing support with ethical application and protocol development, through to implementation of studies in a health care setting. It requires the ability to work on multiple projects across multiple locations, the ability to deal with issues and problems that may arise in projects and the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
Informal inquiries: email@example.com
Key duties and responsibilities
- Act as broker between companies and clinical teams to assess feasibility of HIHI studies and co-design the study if agreed.
- Work within the HIHI SOPs, guidelines and processes for operation, management and reporting of projects- in line with GCP
- To play a proactive role in driving on-going projects identifying problems early and providing regular feedback with Principal Investigator, HIHI colleagues, company and project team.
- To assist in ensuring the overall smooth running of HIHI pilot, usability and validation studies in line with best practice.
- Facilitate the ethical approval for proposed usability, validation, pilot studies, where appropriate.
- To advise on ethical and regulatory procedures (submissions, query resolution etc.) for studies as necessary.
- To arrange study specific meetings, including project team notification, completion and writing of minutes where applicable.
- To ensure prompt management of all study related correspondence
- To take responsibility for maintenance and upkeep study documentation, including:
- HIHI Project Agreement Documents and data entry.
- Maintenance and regular monitoring of HIHI project notes on internal HIHI Smartsheets and SharePoint systems (full training provided).
- To support, where appropriate on ideation development from with the healthcare community – manage idea/tech assessment and workshop ideas – as part of the HIHI work with the healthcare community.
- To support on delivery of HIHI educational programmes as required, in particular HIHI Innovation Workshops.
- To liaise with HIHI colleagues in Cork, Galway and Dublin.
- Where appropriate support HIHI projects being led by HIHI partner locations.
- To carry out other duties as appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the HIHI Manager/HIHI PI.
Academic/Professional Qualifications and/or relevant Experience
- This two year assignment is restricted to employees of the seven Dublin Midlands Hospitals.
- Three years post-registration/qualification experience in the acute hospital setting within the last five years.
- Nursing applicants – Registered General Nurse with The Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), or eligible to register with NMBI.
- Knowledge and experience of good clinical practice.
- Experience of study design/protocol and ethical process in Ireland.
- Hands on experience of project management tools e.g. excel.
- Experience working in or developing multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects/studies.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed but also works well within a team and under supervision.
- Have ability to work within scope of practice in a confident and safe manner, ensuring professional accountability and adherence policies to and protocol.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills – requires attention to detail and meticulous record keeping.
- Excellent organisational and ‘problem solving’ skills.
- Be a superb communicator of technical and scientific information and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to integrate as part of a diverse team and work with colleagues across the three hubs.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Develop specialist skills to support HIHI studies, under supervision.
- Qualification in clinical research discipline.
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP).
- Full Driving License (may be required to travel)
- Experience in the field of clinical trials/research of medical devices, technology.
- Clinical research experience/interest in clinical research.
- Maintain professional registration as appropriate.
- Opportunity to undertake further education, as appropriate, to keep updated with changes within the field of clinical research.
- Attend and participate in: appropriate outside conferences and/or other professional development activities
- CV and brief cover letter as to why you are interested in this assignment and why you are suitable for the role to HIHI Executive Officer, Nina Holmes – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interviews early July.
- This two-year assignment must be considered in conjunction with your current employer.
- This is only open to employees of one of the seven Dublin Midlands Hospitals