Have you worked in Medtech? Do you have a passion for innovation and want to work to improve our healthcare system for patients and healthcare workers? Health Innovation Hub Ireland (HIHI) is a new initiative which seeks to foster innovation from within the Irish health service. It also provides the medtech industry with better access to the healthcare system to develop and test their technologies.
HIHI has recently opened an office in Galway and is seeking candidates to lead their ‘Innovation Out of Healthcare’ activities at a national level. They will work closely with healthcare professionals from across a diverse range of disciplines to review, mentor and progress new projects based on unmet clinical needs. They will be a strategic thinker, capable of influencing key stakeholders to develop and execute the ‘Innovation Out’ programme to meet targets and deliver impact. Previous experience of the healthcare/medtech startup sector will be advantageous along with a firm understanding of the technical, commercial and clinical factors that may impact on the commercialisation of new solutions.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge and to join a focused team working at the frontline of medtech innovation. HIHI is a highly collaborative environment with team-members based in Galway, Cork and Dublin who work closely with HSE hospital groups (including the Saolta University Healthcare Group in the West) and community care services. Our stakeholders include Enterprise Ireland, the HSE, partner academic institutions, Clinical Research Facilities (CRFs), hospital groups, patient groups and industry. Further detail at www.hih.ie.
- Previous experience of working with healthcare professionals/clinicians to identity unmet clinical needs and opportunities for new technology development.
- Knowledge and experience of using structured methodologies to evaluate new medical device technologies to determine technical feasibility and commercial viability.
- Worked on projects to develop new device from early concepts through to transfer to production and market release.
- Detailed understanding of investor requirements for funding of med-tech start-ups, e.g. IP, market opportunity, etc.
- Previous experience of leading early medical device technology projects forward to seed funding.
- Previous experience of working (in a technical or commercial role) on product development projects with an understanding of associated processes required for medical device regulatory approval.
- Previous experience of working across academic, clinical and industry sectors.
- Knowledge of funding streams for innovation projects in research and/or industry.
Salary: EUR €63,125 (public sector pay policy rules pertaining to new entrants will apply). This is a full time position.
Start date: Position is available from 1st October 2018
For informal enquiries about this post, please contact Aisling Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Further information on research and working at NUI Galway is available on Research at NUI Galway.
For information on moving to Ireland please see www.euraxess.ie
NB: Gárda vetting is a requirement for this post
Applications to include a covering letter, CV,and the contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Aisling Dolan (email@example.com)
Please put reference number NUIG-158-18 in subject line of e-mail application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm Monday 10th September 2018
Interviews will take place week of 17th September 2018.
National University of Ireland, Galway is an equal opportunities employer.
All positions are recruited in line with Open, Transparent, Merit (OTM) and Competency based recruitment
Full detail here