Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation
Information webinars for September 2021 enrolment for this one year proagmme will begin Wednesday March 31, offering prospective students the opportunity to find out more about the course. In each session you will hear from an expert in the field of healthcare innovation, receive detailed information about the course content, and hear from past students of the course. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and speak with facilitators of the course.
Please register attendance here:
- Wednesday 31st March 6-7pm: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/145484394741
- Wednesday 14th April 6-7pm: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/145493485933
- Wednesday 28th April 1-2pm: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/145493995457
- Wednesday 19th May 2-3pm: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/145495347501
Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation – applications for 2021/22 now open.
(Typically the Postgrad is delivered though blended learning – face to face and online. If the current restrictions persist the entirety of the course will be delivered online.)
Healthcare is in accelerated disruption with the Internet of Things at its core and driven by consumers. To survive this transition leaders must apply innovative thinking and creative execution. Health Innovation Hub Ireland partners with Trinity College Dublin to deliver a part time NFQ Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare innovation. Through this one-year postgraduate diploma programme, you will develop a personal innovation framework for leadership. You will accelerate your career and lead delivery of innovation impact right across Irish healthcare. Applications are open now, closing 30th June 2021. Applications for limited number of HSE scholarship close 16th June 2021.
Over the 12-month programme, students complete eight modules, have access to workshops, resources and events to share challenges and experience, learn from expert guest lecturers. Focusing on new health solutions, students gain a practical understanding of applying new technologies in healthcare. Examining the role of health economics, quality improvement and the principles of governance in leading effective, innovative health services is a key learning. The postgraduate course culminates with modules seven and eight focusing on a practical project comprising two phases. Students are supported to identify and implement an innovative solution suitable for their workplace that will have a positive impact in Irish healthcare. Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation form part of a year-on-year a growing network of national Innovation Champions.
This programme will:
- Develop your personal and professional capacity to lead in healthcare.
- Practical understanding of applying new technologies in healthcare.
- Critically appraise innovation theory and practice to inform your approach in applying solutions that are at the forefront of global healthcare.
- Examine the role of health economics, quality improvement and the principles of governance in leading effective innovative health services.
- Deepen your ability to challenge current practice with novel proven solutions.
- Develop you as an innovation practitioner with the skills to implement innovative leadership practices.
- Progress you to effectively manage and lead in diverse healthcare settings.
- You will join a year-on-year a growing network of Innovation Champions across the health service and health industry, as an alumni of TCD/HIHI Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation.
Postgraduate Diploma in Healthcare Innovation graduates – HIHI Innovation Champions
Meet the HIHI Healthcare Innovation Champions, high potential change makers in Irish health. Our innovation champions are graduates of the unique Level 9 NFQ HIHI/TCD Postgraduate Diploma Healthcare Innovation, qualified to lead and shape the direction of Irish healthcare innovation.
The HIHI educational environment has been built to encourage innovation within the HSE and voluntary hospitals. Through a series of five workshops, over 12 months, we give HSE staff the tools to experiment, think and propose solutions. Our workshops teach busy people how to translate ideas into products and services.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org