Innovation Into Healthcare Call 2018
Health Innovation Hub Ireland is seeking project proposals from companies or entities whose innovative products or services are, at a minimum, at pre-commercial, demonstration or late development phase and have the potential to significantly impact healthcare in Ireland and internationally.
Applications may be submitted for innovations that address ANY healthcare need.
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 31st August 2018
Applications may also be submitted to the Focussed Call for innovations that address an HSE identified priority theme. The theme of the 2018 Focussed Call is Enabling Positive Ageing.
As a guideline, all projects will be assessed against a number of criteria including:
- Potential impact of the proposed innovation in addressing a validated healthcare need
- Alignment of the innovation with the agenda of the Irish healthcare system
- Potential impact of the proposed innovation on the healthcare system
- Potential relevance/impact of the proposed project on company growth in Ireland.
- Commercialisation readiness
- Market potential
- Export potential of the proposed innovation
What the Hub will offer to participating companies
- Facilitated access to the health system for execution of the pilot project.
- Access, within data protection guidelines etc., to all (Health Innovation Hub Ireland) approved outputs/data for sales/marketing purposes.
- Companies may use the HIHI project as a “reference site”.
- Support of HIHI project management team to manage the execution of the project.
- Access to research expertise from all partner institutions.
- Advice on the availability of various funding streams.
- Linking entrepreneurs (when appropriate), to eHealth Ireland, Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Offices.
- Potential funding for certain identified projects if approved for financial support under Enterprise Ireland SBIR support.
What companies MUST provide to support the projects:
- Dedicated contact personnel and when relevant, the availability of personnel at the project pilot site.
- Dedicated resources to deliver project objectives- equipment, hardware, software etc.
- Proactive engagement with Health Innovation Hub Ireland and healthcare personnel, to deliver the project objectives
- Acknowledgement of HIHI support in public presentations, publications and social media presentations.
Notes for applicants:
- HIHI does not have a procurement role. As such, regardless of the outcome of HIHI projects, the HSE is under no obligation to purchase the product/service.
- The Health Innovation Hub does not provide financial support for projects.
- HIHI does not conduct clinical trials- these are referred to our associated Clinical Research Facilities where appropriate.
- Projects must be implemented and run at no cost to the Healthcare location.
- If a project is accepted by HIHI, a Project Approval Letter containing HIHI terms and conditions must be completed before the start of the project.
- A Final Project Report will be available to applicants on completion of the project.